Personal data policy
At Damartex, we want to be, and remain, your partner of choice in your exploration and experience with products and services that our group provides. We highly value the trust you place in us and are committed to being fully transparent about how we collect, use and protect your personal data. We recognize your need to exercise reasonable control over your personal data and are committed to implement mechanisms, procedures and policies that ensure the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal data throughout its lifecycle. For any question concerning this Policy, to exercise your rights or to file a complaint with our organization, you can contact us by email at the following or by postmail at DAMARTEX SA, 160 Boulevard de Fourmies 59100 ROUBAIX.
This data protection policy (“Policy”) informs you of what you can expect when we collect and use personal data, i.e.:
- Who is affected by this Policy?
- Who is responsible?
- How do we collect your personal data and what personal data do we process?
- What do we do with your personal data?
- Who receives your personal data?
- How is your personal data protected?
- Data retention
- International data transfers
- Your rights
- Changes to this Policy
This Policy applies when you visit this website, and/or when you share personal data via this website (email)
The legal entity responsible for the personal data collected from you is the entity that determines how, when and why it collects and uses your personal data (“Controller”). For this site, it is the company Damartex SA.
Personal data refers to data that relates to you personally.
This is data:
– identity, such as surname, first name, birth date, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, telephone number and number of shares held.
– interaction with the Media or Shareholder Relations Department
We collect personal data directly from you when you browse Damartex website.
Regardless of whether we collect your personal data directly or indirectly, we undertake to process personal data only in a manner that is adequate, relevant and limited to the purposes for which we collected it.
We also collect and use your personal data where it is in our legitimate interest, e.g. to:
• manage your requests when you contact media relations teams or those in charge of investor or shareholder relations via the contact form on our website;
• create statistics to improve our website;
• send you newsletters and/or end-user surveys.
When you wish to join the Shareholders’ Club, the personal information collected about you is collected for the purposes of managing your membership in the Shareholders’ Club. DAMARTEX implements various initiatives based on its legitimate interest to strengthen ties with its shareholders. The personal data allowing you to be identified and/or to contact you as a shareholder are used for the purposes of communicating to you the information offered by the Shareholder Club, for the participation and management of events and other suggested operations. They also make it possible to check the eligibility conditions. They may be used for survey, study and statistical purposes in the context of improving the relationship with shareholders.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
We only share your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Policy and therefore mainly with the employees of the Damartex Group, its subcontractors and service providers, the partners of any events in which you participate. The sharing of the personal data in question is carried out on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Damartex Group.
In the context of legal proceedings, the processed data may also be transmitted to the competent authorities.
We implement a series of technical and organisational measures to secure your personal data and protect it against destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorised access. Our staff who participate in the processing of your personal data is bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary for each of the purposes set out above. We may, however, retain some of your personal data for purposes of compliance with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. for tax or audit purposes) and in accordance with our internal data retention rules. When it is no longer necessary to retain data that can still identify you, we may either erase it, anonymize it or aggregate it so that you are no longer identifiable as a single natural person.
We store and process your personal data on servers located within the EU.
You can contact us through our DPO in order to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data that we collect or use.
Your rights include your:
• . You have the right at any time to object to the use of your personal data by us for canvassing purposes. Under certain circumstances, you may also limit our use of your personal data, for example when we take steps to correct inaccurate data upon your request;
• . We delete your personal data at your request unless we are obliged to retain your personal data in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with our own rules on data retention;
You can manage your options at any time through your browser settings. You can set your browser to delete cookies from your hard drive, prevent new cookies from being placed, or receive alerts so that no new cookies can be placed without your express consent. You can also set up your browser so that cookies are no longer saved automatically. Please note, however, that a change in cookie settings will affect the way you access our services and the website that require cookies to be fully operational. When your browser is set to refuse all types of cookies, you may not be able to access all our services. The following links show you how to configure your cookie settings in your browser: You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether or not we are processing personal data about you and in such cases you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and you may rectify or complement the personal data we hold about you at any time by contacting us.
• You have the right to receive your personal data that you have sent us in a commonly used electronic format. You have the right to transfer the data in question to another data controller (data portability);
• . You may contact us if you believe that our use of your personal data does not comply with the provisions of applicable data protection laws. You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of your country or of the country in which the data controller of your personal data is located.. When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time; However, this may mean that it will no longer be possible to provide the service you requested;
The date of this Policy is mentioned before the introductory paragraph above. We may amend this Policy at any time without notice, unless the amendments under consideration contain material changes that would affect the rights of individuals under applicable privacy and data protection laws, in which case you will be notified of the changes under consideration by a prominent notice at the beginning of this Policy.